Why am I not getting hired?
This is quite a loaded question.There are a number of reasons for why you may not be getting hired, and this explanation is not meant to be exhaustive.
Here are a few examples as to why you might not be getting hired:
- It may simply be that you are opting into a very competitive field.
- You might not be taking the right steps to gain the proper experience for jobs that you are applying to.
- You might possibly be applying to jobs that you are over or under qualified for or not interviewing well.
- Your networking efforts may not be up to par.
- It may also be that your Resume and/or Cover-letter do not properly highlight or represent your Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Attributes(KSAOs), that make you a competitive candidate for positions. Let Chauntel help you with this!
What are Hard Skills?
Hard Skills are technical skills that you normally gain through your educational and professional experiences.
You should only list these skills on your resume if you are at-least proficient or advanced in them.
You can list: computer software and social media platforms you can utilize, a machine or device you can operate, an instrument you can plan, a stroke you can paint, a sport you can play, an item you can fix or create, a document you can write, multiple languages you can speak, etc…
What are Soft Skills?
Soft skills are a combination of personality traits and communication attributes that are usually gained through your social interactions in both your personal and professional relationships.
You should only list these skills on your resume if you are at-least proficient or advanced in them. Remember to keep it positive 🙂
You can list: personality traits, positive communication attributes, people (social) skills, friendliness, leadership, critical thinking, creativity, etc.